There are always two sides to any story. My job is to make sure that your side of the story is told. For my entire career, I've been a criminal defense attorney and I enjoy working for the innocent and the wrongfully accused. The thrill I get when the charges are dropped or when someone is acquitted, never gets old.
In the days before credit cards and electronic identities, if someone were charged with theft it typically involved cold, hard cash or valuable goods. In today's world, theft often does not involve cash at all, but involves some sort of electronic record. In today's world, this theft is called fraud. My name is James M. Byrd, and I am a Mobile fraud defense attorney with 33 years of criminal defense experience.
I defend the following types of fraud charges:
- Check fraud — using a check from a closed account or someone else's account
- Credit card fraud — using someone else's credit card (even if it wasn't stolen)
- Identity fraud — using someone else's driver's license or other ID
- Social Security fraud — collecting benefits the government says you're not entitled to
- Unemployment fraud — continuing to collect benefits after becoming employed
A related charge would be identity theft by manufacturing an ID such as a fake driver's license. I help individuals charged with any Alabama fraud charge.
Mobile, Alabama Theft Defense Attorney
Non-electronic types of theft are not called fraud, but simply theft. These charges can range from misdemeanor shoplifting to theft first degree. I represent people who are charged with the following types of theft:
- Car jacking
Criminal Defense Since 1979
I would like the opportunity to act as your lawyer and tell your side of the story. You may reach me at 251-298-8395 or send an e-mail to my law office. The prosecution has started on your case already. Let's begin working together on your defense.