My name is James M. Byrd and I’m a Mobile, Alabama criminal defense attorney. I was born in Mobile and graduated from Jefferson Davis High School in Montgomery. Following that I attended Duke University and graduated from The University of Alabama with a degree in Political Science and History. I come from a family of criminal defense lawyers and I always had a desire to become a criminal defense attorney.
After my college graduation I decided to attend The University of Alabama School of Law. In 1979 I graduated and passed the Alabama State Bar. I moved immediately to Mobile to begin my criminal practice with experienced criminal defense attorneys. I have continued that practice every day since October 1979.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Alabama, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Mobile Defense Lawyers Association